forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: build failed with AsciiArtSVGGenerator
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:41:01 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> (Ivan is having trouble posting to the list, so i have
> forwarded this. He can follow discussion via MARC archive.)
>
> From: Ivan Kurmanov
> To: forrest-dev
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:54:05 +0200
> Subject: current cvs version failing
>
> Hi.
>
> I've cvs-downloaded forrest a few weeks ago to try.
> Impressed with some things, depressed with others.
> Let me take some more time before I discuss those.
> Other things to report today.
>
> I've done cvs update recently.  I've done update today
> again, to be sure.
>
> Then I build, seed a new project, do "forrest" and it fails
> with an exception in AsciiArtSVGGenerator class.
>
> The file it breaks on (or after) is: favicon.ico
>
> Message I keep geting:
>  Exception in thread "main"
>  java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>  org/apache/cocoon/generation/asciiart/AsciiArtSVGGenerator
>  (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

Ivan sent an attachment with output listing, which i forgot to
attach. It does not seem to add much info though.

Anyway, Ivan did you do a 'build clean' after you did the
'cvs update'?

The 'forrest seed site' works for me.

> Immediately after the message and its stacktrace it hangs.
> Ctrl-C takes it out.  Full report is attached.

Mmmm, needing to Ctrl-C is a strange thing.

> Is that a known problem?  Is that my java problem?  Shall
> I submit this to your bugtracking system? (where?)

After we are sure that it is an issue. So please wait.

--David