forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject build failed with AsciiArtSVGGenerator
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:10:26 GMT
(Ivan is having trouble posting to the list, so i have
forwarded this. He can follow discussion via MARC archive.)

From: Ivan Kurmanov <kurmanov<AT>openlib.org>
To: forrest-dev
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:54:05 +0200
Subject: current cvs version failing

Hi.

I've cvs-downloaded forrest a few weeks ago to try.
Impressed with some things, depressed with others.
Let me take some more time before I discuss those.
Other things to report today.

I've done cvs update recently.  I've done update today
again, to be sure.

Then I build, seed a new project, do "forrest" and it fails
with an exception in AsciiArtSVGGenerator class.

The file it breaks on (or after) is: favicon.ico

Message I keep geting:
 Exception in thread "main"
 java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
 org/apache/cocoon/generation/asciiart/AsciiArtSVGGenerator
 (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)

Immediately after the message and its stacktrace it hangs.
Ctrl-C takes it out.  Full report is attached.

Is that a known problem?  Is that my java problem?  Shall
I submit this to your bugtracking system? (where?)

Thanks.
Ivan Kurmanov
http://www.ahinea.com/