forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: JIRA link and forrestbot build
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:41 GMT
Quoting David Crossley <crossley@indexgeo.com.au>:

> Someone commented recently that they could not find our
> Issue tracker.

I think the "Open Issues" link should go directly to JIRA.  The
forrest-issues.html page is a neat way to show forrest's flexibility in handling
input formats, but pratically it is much less useful than going directly to JIRA.

> I recall Jeff recently making the side-bar menu link invisible:
> cvs log -r1.31 site.xml
> date: 2003/10/05
> Comment out JIRA link to save time during forrestbot builds
>
> Does anybody know why that is a problem?

If you are building the site and don't have network access, you have to wait a
while for the JIRA feed (used to build forrest-issues) to timeout.  This is the
case for me at work behind a proxy, but I don't know why it would be the case at
forrestbot.cocoondev.org

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net