forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Troubleshooting help w/ forrest, please...
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:59:39 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> Ok, I now know I have this:
>
>     Forrest Site Builder  0.6-dev  $Date: 2003/12/04 22:08:19
>
> but I still get this, which seems to work for some, some times.
>
> X [0]                       images/gump-logo.png BROKEN:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> [Full log below.]

You say that it works for some of the people some of the time.
Is it perhaps an issue with PDF production?
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#pdf_images

> How can I get more information from this? Can I get a stack trace to post?

Did you see the FAQ about logfiles? It is a bit obscure:
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#checked_out_now_what
Do the logfiles help you?

> Also, with broken links, is there a way to know where it is referenced from?

I heard some talk on this list, that future Cocoon CLI might be able to.

In the meantime ... UNIX find and grep are your friend.

> When I move pages around (and create sub-directories) I cause broken links,
> but they are hard to track down. Anything available to help me here?

Are you using a "site.xml" to define your doc space and
using "site:blah" hrefs? If so then it should be easy to move
stuff around.

> [P.S. I looked for a troubleshooting section on the forrest site,
> but didn'tfind one.]

We generally try to put that sort of stuff into the FAQ. Any patches
to that doc are welcome. I made one from your recent comments about
Forrest version number, but would prefer that others contributed too.

--David