forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Calendaring
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:15:32 GMT
Marshall Roch wrote:
> > iCalendar files are textual[1], so to use them in Forrest, some sort of
> > transformation to XML will be needed.  I'd love to be able to do the
> > whole thing in Forrest, but I have no idea how to transform non-XML
> > files.
>
> Of course, I don't find something promising until /after/ posting about
> it... Chaperon looks like it could be what I'm looking for here.  I just
> have to figure out how to use it.  I will see what I can come up with on
> my own.
>
> Unless there are any other suggestions, I seem to have more-or-less
> figured it out on my own. :)

Well, Chaperon was going to be my suggestion, but you beat me to it.
There is an example at 'forrest seed site' and there are other examples
at the Cocoon Samples (you need a local Cocoon to see them). There
is of course the Chaperon.sf.net website for further info.

There may be another possibility: Cocoon also has the SLOP parser -
Simple Line-Oriented Parser. However, i cannot see the ical examples
that you referenced - they may be too complex for SLOP.

--David