forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: More krysalis problems (WAS: HEAD: Krysalis-skin: some images not copied)
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:12:54 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> The warnings about missing directories is caused by the fact that
> was still trying to copy content and skins from the
> webapp directory during the site build. The attached patch fixes this.

IIRC it was in your initial patch but I did not patch this, as:

> Before applying the patch consider whether we still need to copy static
> content across to the build/site directory.

Yes, we do.

Specifically, we need to copy all content that is not linked from any
page. This is how the Cocoon CLI works, it starts from index.html and
crawls the links that are in the *XML* sources (semantical crawling).

Thus files like CSS and JS are not "generated", as there is no xml file
that links them, and have to be copied by "hand", in this case by Ant.

So what we must ensure is that during _static_ generation, that is with
"forrest", the relevant project resources are copied to the generated
site locations (look in the buildfile for a comment about copying things

> Nicola Ken, if you have
> made progress let me know I'm wasting my time (assuming you read this
> mail).

Go ahead, I'm still finishing other things ATM.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -