forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: avalon skin
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:36:37 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> It's close but I really like the beveled headings on sections and tables.  Also
> there are a few small differences on the left (last published v. group/project
> links; menu height; alignment of copyright).
>
> I guess I didn't realize it was so close; in this case, could it replace the
> existing avalon-tigris skin?  All the differences I noticed are in my opinion
> nicer on avalon.apache.org than in the default avalon-tigris skin.

Our problem with that skin is that it's unmaintained ATM, and that other
projects have made theirs from it too (see ws.apache.org).

In any case, the skin comes from http://style.tigris.org/ .

If someone writes an xslt that outputs html as their stylesheets needs
it, there is no need to change the CSS, we can just include it as-is,
and easily take benefit from the skin updates they will do.

I'd like to see the skin updated, so if you or someone else wants to
help on this it would be really appreciated :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -