forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Site-wide PDF
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:17:06 GMT
Tom Klaasen wrote:

> ------------------------
>  Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> ------------------------
>>Very good suggestion! Yes, I think we should have forrest use site.html
>>as a starting point, it simply makes sense.
>>
>>Hmmm, wait... the problem though is that we do not require that all
>>users use site.xml... :-|
>

> OTOH, you don't require that users use index.xml either...

Actually we do.

> And if you follow the documentation, you'll end up using site.xml.

This is true, but it would break lots of legacy sites we have.

Unless of course we make site.xml mandatory and make a tool to convert
book.xml systems to site.xml, but I dunno if that's what we want.

Wait, we can also somehow include site.xml in the list *if* it's
present. Hmmm...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -