forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Default contents for "link"
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:59:57 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> quite usually I find myself doing things like
>
>     <link href="http://www.foo.com/">http://www.foo.com</link>
>
> If I try
>
>     <link href="http://www.foo.com/"/>
>
> I get a link with empty contents. Would it be possible to take
> the value of the "href" attribute as a default? In particular
> to get
>
>     <link href="ext:foo"/>
>
> working?

It has been asked before, and yes, IMHO it should be done.

site.xml links should use the label if not provided in the tag, or teh
href value if not provided with anything.

AFAIK there needs to be a change in the linkrewriter code, but it's in
Cocoon CVS... since we use it here, why not move it back here?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -