forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Forrestbot for Apache Site (Gump)
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:51:56 GMT
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just converted the Jakarta Gump site from Anakia xdocs to Forrest
> xdocs. [Thanks for the conversion XSLT/script it did most of the work.] Now
> I want to see if forrestbot could regularly take this from CVS and update
> the WWW site for me. Could somebody point me at how/where I configure things
> in order to get this done?

The forrestbot documentation on the website,
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/forrestbot.html should work for the latest
release of Forrest.  However, the next release of Forrest (and already in
CVS) there will be a much-improved forrestbot.  There is no documentation
for it yet and the configuration file(s) are not compatable between the
two versions.  If you do want to try the CVS version, currently you would
have to:

* get forrest from CVS built, see "Using Forrest" on the website
* take a configuration file from scratchpad/forrestbot2/ as an example and
modify it setting properties like mail.to, user, password, root, host,
module, etc
* these files make heavy use of the <import> task from ant 1.6
so you may have to familiarize yourself with that to understand the
forrestbot code
* run 'forrest -f mysite.xml'

--
Dave Brondsema