forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Coumbe Shawn-WLSC02 <Shawn.Cou...@motorola.com>
Subject ForrestBot fails to validate
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 02:35:05 GMT
I don't know if this went out before, we've been having some mail trouble apparently.
----

I have a forrest based site up and running and with my upcoming vacation decided it was time
to get forrest bot running to handle the updates from my staff automatically. I've spent a
couple of days on it without much luck. The problem is that it fails to validate on the first
file. The file is valid and it compiles when used with "forrest site" and "forrest run" without
issue.

I've attached the output of the forrestbot run. In addition, it outputs the following to the
screen:

/D:/Data/bot-test/build/bot/juix-ui/context/src/documentation/content/xdocs/faqs/2003-10-UI-Apps-Summit-faq.xml:1:
Document root element is missing.

I'm using Forrest 0.50 on a PC and my JRE is 1.4.2. The file it is failing on is a FAQ 1.2
file, but I've removed it and it failed on a docbook file also. Once again, all of these validate
and build fine when using forrest from the command line.

This looks suspiciously like a problem we had when we tried to have another person use forrest
on their machine a while back.

Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated.