forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Ackerman <silverv...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Change Bars
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:30:09 GMT
David,
	Sorry, I didn't mean to be vague.
	A "change bar" is a vertical line, typically in the left margin, used
to indicate passages in a document that have changed from one version
to the next.  They normally are only indicative of changes between
adjacent version, and so they do not accumulate over time.
	A "rip" is a different format of a document.  We (Forrest users) write
things that conform to the document DTD, but we publish them in HTML
and PDF formats.  The process of converting from one to the other is
often referred to as a "rip."
	If that is still not clear, please let me know.  I know that I have a
tendency to under-explain.

Erik