forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erik Ackerman <>
Subject Re: Change Bars
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:41:48 GMT
	I probably wouldn't do this with HTML directly.  In the HTML I would 
tag a <span> and do the formatting with CSS.  All the CSS would need 
would be a left-only border and a bit of margin between that border and 
the text.


On Nov 11, 2003, at 4:08 AM, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Erik Ackerman wrote:
>>     A "change bar" is a vertical line, typically in the left margin, 
>> used to indicate passages in a document that have changed from one 
>> version to the next.  They normally are only indicative of changes 
>> between adjacent version, and so they do not accumulate over time.
> Please, would you mind to forward some html code, maybe that will give 
> us some light on your issue.
>>     A "rip" is a different format of a document.  We (Forrest users) 
>> write things that conform to the document DTD, but we publish them in 
>> HTML and PDF formats.  The process of converting from one to the 
>> other is often referred to as a "rip."
> I never hear of that.
> Cheers,
> Cheche

View raw message