forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Deployed WAR does not work (CVS HEAD)
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:04:36 GMT
It seems my patch to enable editing of skins in the src directory
(applied to CVS by Nikola Ken recently) has introduced a bug into CVS
Head. Everything works great as long as you work locally. However, if
you build a WAR and deploy it it fails because it is looking for the
stylsheets in forrest.home.

The problem seems to be in the fact that cocoon.xconf in Forrest now has:

     <component-instance name="defaults"
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModule">
       <values>
         <skin>@skin@</skin>
         <menu-scheme>@menu-scheme@</menu-scheme>
         <bugtracking-url>@bugtracking-url@</bugtracking-url>
         <i18n>@i18n@</i18n>
         <home>@forrest.home@/</home>

<stylesheets>@forrest.home@/context/resources/stylesheets</stylesheets>
       </values>
     </component-instance>

In particular note the stylsheets element. Of course when deploying on
another machine there is no guarentee that forrest.home will be correct.

I'm not sure how to fix this, as I said, it does not cause a problem
when running locally, and sites can still be built correctly. However,
it does cause a problem is we want to deploy the war.

Ross