forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: whole site i18n
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:23:45 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

>I'm working on a site for which I want all (or mostly all) pages to be available
>in multiple languages.  As far as I understand, this would be best done with
>seperate sites, rather than using the i18n capabilities of forrest.  Is this
>right?  And if so, it would probably be possible to set up a forrest.properties
>for each locale that pointed to the same configuration files and "raw content"
>directory but different 'xdocs' directories that correspond to each locale.  Right?

I have considered doing something similar, where I put the content into
content/en or content/fr, etc, and then use the locale to identify which
content is passed back to the user, something like:

<map:generate src="content/{locale}/{1}.xml"/>

This wasn't in Forrest, but should be just as doable there.

I did discuss with Cheche about making the CLI able to render multiple
versions of a page, one for each of a set of locales. It shouldn't be
too hard to do.

Regards, Upayavira