forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Gary L Hoffman <glhoff...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] Where is Docbook support going
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:53:25 GMT
I am in the process of developing a webste that relates to business law,
which I hope to have up and running by the end of this month.  While I
looked at a variety of tools,  Forrest seems to be the most compatible
with my goals.  But, in the course of my search, I created a number of
documents using DocBook, including a 50+  page slide  presentation
(using  DocBook Slides)  on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.  I do not relish the
thought of revising these to conform with Forrest's version of
Simplified DocBook or its native format.  In light of this, I would vote
+1 for proposition A and 0 for proposition B.

Having said that, you may wish to hold off a bit. Norm Walsh recently
reported a visit with members of the TEI consortium
(http://norman.walsh.name/2003/10/09/dei).  Both of these initiatives
will be moving soon to their respective version 5.  Walsh suggests the
possibility of collaboration between the two, which may involve the
capability of importing modules across schema.  That would be a
significant development worth waiting for.

Gary Hoffman