forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Geisert <christian.geis...@isu-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: some newbie questions
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:44:24 GMT
Oliver Vecernik wrote:
> Christian Geisert schrieb:

[..]

>> For the PDF see http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters
>> (it seems c-caron is not part of ISO Latin1)
>
> I'm no font expert, but as far as I know it is part of ISO Latin2. But
> I've rendered it already correctly from other programs and if I look at
> the PDF spec (V1.3) the caron should be at 031 (octal). But it is also

You need a c-caron, caron is not enough ;-)
And c-caron is not part of the standard PDF fonts. So you need to use
(and embed) a custom font for the PDF.

> renderd to a `?' in the trail altough it is rendered correctly just the
> line under the trail. That's why I was asking if this is a bug.

The problem with the trail sounds like a bug (and is very likely not
related to the PDF problem). How does the html source for the c-caron
look like?

Christian