forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Vecernik <oliver.vecer...@aon.at>
Subject Re: some newbie questions
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:37:49 GMT
Christian Geisert schrieb:

> Oliver Vecernik wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I recently started with Forrest to build my site and I immediately felt
>> in love with it. But at the beginning there are some questions left even
>> after reading the FAQ. ;-)
>

> Read more FAQs ;-)

Hi Christian!

As you know you can never read enough...

> For the PDF see http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters
> (it seems c-caron is not part of ISO Latin1)

I'm no font expert, but as far as I know it is part of ISO Latin2. But
I've rendered it already correctly from other programs and if I look at
the PDF spec (V1.3) the caron should be at 031 (octal). But it is also
renderd to a `?' in the trail altough it is rendered correctly just the
line under the trail. That's why I was asking if this is a bug.

Regards,
Oliver