forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Where is Docbook support going
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 07:17:02 GMT
David Crossley dijo:
> A) Forrest should be able to process DocBook documents and render
> them with the complete "DocBook XSL". This does not mean that
> Forrest's native format will be DocBook, but if a project uses
> some DocBook documents then they will get handled. (The ability
> to integrate with Forrest navigation is left to another issue.)

+1 I think aoutthere is many people already using DocBook. So in order to
get more people here it is a good idea. Don't forget there are also many
docs already written in DocBook format.

> B) Forrest should be able to transform DocBook (using a minimal
> subset) into Forrest's native document-v12 format and render that
> as per default. It would be clearly stated (and perhaps enforced
> by validation) that it only handles a very limited subset. There is
> already a demonstration of this in the 'forrest seed site'.

-0 I think A) is enough and will cover this. The half covering af any
format can be have a bad taste for people that already know and use
Docbook.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo