forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jason End <bensnep...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Flat navigation
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:28:08 GMT

--- Marshall Roch <marshall@exclupen.com> wrote:

> The default Forrest navigation makes nested lists
> with the
> subdirectories and their contents.  I want to turn
> off the "contents"
> part so it just makes links to the directories.

I still don't understand what you want. You can make
links to subdirectories (href="subdir/") but where do
you want the content links to show up?

Perhaps a solution would be to make links to the index
files of each tab. Take the Forrest site, for e.g., in
their "Home" tab, they could add a link to the
"Community tab" index, which would take you to the
tab, with its own menu of contents.
Have you looked at Menus and Linking section? You
might find the solution there or at least be able to
better describe what you want.
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html

Jay