forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "tom.klaasen@pandora.be" <tom.klaa...@pandora.be>
Subject Site-wide PDF
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:43:57 GMT
Hi all,

I've just re-checked-out forrest. As a first remark, do you realize how incredibly hard it
is to find the CVS information to do this? It is on none of the pages you expect it to be
("CVS", "Getting involved", ...).

Secondly, the reason I wanted to check for a new version, was that I was curious if any progress
was made on the generation of a whole-site pdf. And  lo and behold, I found out that setting
project.start-uri=site.html in forrest.properties did the trick. And it generated the multiple-page
site as well. Wouldn't it be a good idea to change the default behaviour of Forrest to do
this? i.e. if project.start-uri is not set, use site.html (instead of index.html, as it is
now). This might generate a load of "waw!" experiences (it did so in my case, anyway).

Thanks,
tomK