forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrestbot readiness
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:48:01 GMT
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:43:18PM -0500, Dave Brondsema wrote:

> Now that I can start committing, I'd like to get forrestbot2 ready enough to
> replace the old forrestbot.  Should I get the scripts and webapp updated for
> forrestbot2 to run on forrestbot.cocoondev.org?  How can I get access to a
> staging area (and eventually the existing forrestbot directories) on the server
> so that I can test it?

The forrestbot.cocoondev.org site is a mix of JSP and bash scripts.  Part
of my intention with starting the Forrestbot rewrite was to eliminate as
much of the custom bash scripting as possible, to make the Forrestbot
something cross-platform and generally useful for keeping any Forrest
site up to date.

If the bash scripting can be removed, what then remains (the JSPs) is
hardly worth preserving.  So I'd suggest ignoring most of this historical
baggage and starting from scratch (the fifo trick might be worth
preserving though).

Once it works to the extent forrestbot.cocoondev.org does, give Steven a
poke ;)

--Jeff