forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Producing one pdf-file out of selected sites
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:20:32 GMT
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 12:24:41PM +0100, Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:
> Jeff Turner schrieb:
> Thank you very much for your help, Jeff.
> I copied aggreate.xmap to gl_design.xmap (to change my example ;-) and
> edited sitemap.xmap as you wrote.
> If I leave the gl_design.xmap unchanged a request of
> http://localhost:8888/gl_design.xml gives the complete content of my site.
> The only problem I still have is to select the xml-files I'd like to
> have: The respective files are named something like "design_*.xml" and
> they are located in a subdirecory named "methods" (= content/xdocs/methods)
> I added the <map:match pattern=...> </map:match> element as you told and

> changed the value of the pattern attribute from "*.xml" to
> "methods/design*.xml" but the only thing I get is a "ressource not
> found"-error in my webbrowser.

That's why it's better to start with a simple pipeline that works, and
progressively add components.  Try starting with:

> >   <map:match pattern="*.xml">
> >     <map:generate src="cocoon://abs-linkmap"/>
> >     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> >   </map:match>

And then add a component to eliminate nodes you don't want.

> So my question is how the gl_design.xmap has to look like for this ?
> Which elements of aggregate.xmap that still occur in gl_design.xmap are
> unnecessary ?

They're all necessary, you need to add the additional xpath transformer
to narrow down the XML.

> And in the XPath definition:
> <map:transform type="xpath">
>    <map:parameter name="include"
>                   value="/*[name()='site']/*[name()='methods_gl']" />
> </map:transform>
> Why do you use 'methods_gl' ? It's (just) the name of the tab.

It's the name of the XML element in site.xml:

<methods_gl label="Methods" href="methods/" tab="methods_gl">

So you're saying "give me just elements beneath <methods_gl>".

--Jeff