forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Where is Docbook support going?
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 07:20:12 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Quoting David Crossley
>
> > > Well, it may help others to find their way to custom docbook processing..
> > > anyway nwalsh stylesheets DO offer the same functionality,
> > > however, mention of the partial DocBook support as a feature
> > > may disapoint many people with higher expectations about it.
> >
> > Yes, this is one of the key issues. A related issue is that those
> > partial stylesheets are not being maintained in Forrest, so they
> > might be jettisoned.
>
> Partial stylesheets may encourage some people to improve them.

Mmmm, well this is the root of the trouble. They have been in the
distribution for a long time and have not been attended to.

> But if they are not complete or nearly-complete,

"Completeness" of whatever subset we decide to implement.

> I would suggest putting them into the sandbox. The FAQ can say that
> they are there if anyone wants to improve them, but they are not
> included in the standard distribution.

Trouble with the sandbox is that it is out-of-sight and
things tend to languish even more. If we decide to keep them,
then i think we should improve the current demo.

<snip stuff about xhtml2 intermediate format to another discussion/>

--David