forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Docbook conversion with xsls
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 03:49:21 GMT
Jason End wrote:
> I put the following code into sitemap.xmap to convert
> docbook 4.2 files (generated in Abiword):
> ..
> <map:match pattern="**/*.dbk">
> <map:select type="exists">
> <map:when test="docbook-v4.2">
>     <map:generate src="content/xdocs/{1}/{2}.html"/>
>     <map:transform
> src="file:///usr/local/www/data-dist/xml-forrest/
> build/dist/shbat/context/resources/schema/docbook/
> 4.2/xsls/docbook-xsl-1.62.4/html/docbook.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
> </map:when>
> </map:select>
> ..
>
> But it does nothing. I've also tried it taking out the
> <map:select> and <map:when>
> Can someone tell me what the correct entry should be
> for converting docbooks with the docbook.xsl

You seem to have missed the FAQ about this.
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#docbook

Also it seems that you are not understanding the sitemap
concept. The map:generate needs to generate an xml stream,
which is then transformed by the docbook.xsl
So, in this case your map:generate needs to refer to
an xml source.
See http://xml.apache.org/forrest/sitemap-ref.html

In your sitemap snippet, you are erroneously trying
to generate from the source of an "html" doc.

> Also, for generating the pdf, would I just out a
> second entry with identical content, except changing
> the map:generate to *.pdf?

No. You need to apply a docbook2pdf stylesheet. I am
not sure where you will obtain one. Anyway follow
the main Forrest sitemap.xmap and search there for
"document2fo.xsl" (which generates PDF from the Forrest
"document" format).

I hope that those hints will help you.

--David