forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Forrest CVS layout
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:38:08 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Basically what I want to do is to make the Forrest CVS look as similar
>>as possible to the final Forrest build distro.
>>
>>  - the dirs in here are about global docs, and each Forrest codeline-
>>  src/
>>    forrestbot(2)/**
>>
>>I would like to go with this second layout. Objections? Suggestions?
>
> So why is forrestbot2 now in the scratchpad directory?  Once some
> paperwork gets through and I start committing I would like it to be in
> src/

Forrest should have only *one* forrestbot. This means that when
forrestbot2 will be ready to replace version 1, it will take it's place
in src/forrestbot.

In fact, at first I didn't even move forrestbot from src/resources to
src/ as I wanted to wait for the forrestbot2 to go there, but then I
opted for this solution.

I'm sure that this transition will be short and we will be able to
switch completely to the new version very soon with your contribution :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -