forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linking to XML
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:25:31 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
>>I won't remove the possibility of having the
>>link on the page, as that skinconf section shows the other possible
>>output formats. I will instead write a small description of what it may
>>be used for.
>
> I would like to talk more about this link thing. We seem to
> be encouraging bad practise.

Look, I wanted to remove it but don't want to make it too hard for
others to use this feature. It's off by default and I put in a discaimer
on the default skinconf. Besides, I've never seen any site use it, so
AFAIK nobody activated it on pullic sites, hence it's not a liability.

In any case, I'm fine with either, as I don't use it and don't
personally see the need for it. Do what you think best, it's ok for me. :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -