forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linking to XML (Re: http://apache.org/forrest/dtd/document-v12.dtd)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:59:26 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>> ATM, practically I have no use of it. Furthermore nobody has ever used
>> it AFAIK so IMO we can safely remove this "feature".
>>
>> Instead we could put a "source" link, ie a link to the document
>> source, but we'll think of it if/when we'll really need it this time ;-)
>>
>> So, I'll remove the XML link on the pages: anyone against?
>
> Ahhh.. so you were talking about the actually link icon on the page. Not
> relevent to my prototype, I just need to get the raw XML which is
> retrieved via an XInclude in my remote apps.

Ok, but since you are relying on it, it's actually a feature that is
used. Should it be part of our contract? Why not?

Since you are using it, I won't remove the possibility of having the
link on the page, as that skinconf section shows the other possible
output formats. I will instead write a small description of what it may
be used for.

You also talked about syndicating content... which makes mne think that
in the future having an RSS feed that tracks the changes to a page or to
the site would be cool, but let's keep it for later.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -