forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linking to XML (Re: http://apache.org/forrest/dtd/document-v12.dtd)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:57:13 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:09:10PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
>
>>This Forrest ability to provide a link to the xml source is something
>>that recently appeared in Forrest. I am am still not sure if it is a
>>good thing. I wonder what its purpose is. What do people expect to do
>>with the raw xml?
>
> Not sure.  Nicola? :)

Initially it was there to show the capabilities of Forrest, and make
users see how a page is rendered in XML. It also makes it possible to
reskin the page and reuse the content on other sites, but probably it's
more a liability than a feature.

ATM, practically I have no use of it. Furthermore nobody has ever used
it AFAIK so IMO we can safely remove this "feature".

Instead we could put a "source" link, ie a link to the document source,
but we'll think of it if/when we'll really need it this time ;-)

So, I'll remove the XML link on the pages: anyone against?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -