forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Validation includes and excludes
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:26:24 GMT

In my quest of removing the forrest.properties file, after seeking
comfort in the locationmap, skinconf and project descriptors, I find
myself in the lonely desolations of validation includes and excludes.

Amist such great profusion of options, a question arised... why?

To exclude, or not to exclude? ;-)

I mean, why do we sometimes need to exclude validation? site.xml ... it
should validate ok, as it has no DTD and so it should check that it's
only well-formed...

I'd really like to make this simpler... maybe checking for .valignore
files as we have .cvsignore files? Maybe putting a meta tag or a comment
tag in the xml pages to prevent validation on them?

Till I don't see the need of these excludes I fail to decide on the
solution... help!

             - verba volant, scripta manent -