forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removed xdoc copying
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:59:38 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>>>jefft       2003/10/12 05:51:32
>>>
>>>  Modified:    src/resources/conf cocoon.xconf faq.xmap forrest.xmap
>>>                        linkmap.xmap menu.xmap resources.xmap
>>>                        revisions.xmap sitemap.xmap
>>>               src/resources/forrest-shbat forrest.build.xml
>>>  Log:
>>>  Remove the need to copy xdocs to a temporary webapp. xdocs can now be edited
in
>>>  their original directory and updates seen live, eg. when using 'forrest run'.
> I am interested to see how this affects a site like Cocoon where
> its 'build docs' copies extra files into place before forrest starts,
> e.g. the jars.xml is prepared and copied to the build space.
>
> I started testing with their 'build docs' but got this break.
> Is it related?

I don't know if it's related, but it should not if things are done
correctly. The files should be copied in place *before* starting
Forrest, and Forrest should be pointed to that place for looking for
source files.

In any case, I'll be moving this system to use the locationmap instead
shortly, so we'll have to do a check after that.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -