forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest status.xml
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:32:03 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:46:09AM -0000, nicolaken@apache.org wrote:
>
>>nicolaken    2003/10/13 01:46:09
>>
>>  Modified:    .        status.xml
>>  Log:
>>        <action dev="NKB" type="update" context="skins" >
>>            Major update to inner working of the krysalis-site skin:
>>            - removed all use of the spacer.gif image
>>            - replaced all visual enhancement icons with css icons
>>            - fixed CSS and html validation
>>            - reduced final output size,
>>            - removed all font tag usage in favor of css
>>            - added aural (speech) style in css
>>            - reduced usage of nested tables
>>            - refactored main xhtml stylesheet to be more clear and maintainable
>>            - refactored css to have a single small place where to define the skin
colors.
>>        </action>
>

> *applause*

<blush> Thanks

> Time to make krysalis-site the default?

Almost.

Here is what is left on my todo list:

1 - add main colors to the skkinconf, and make the css use those (how?)
2 - make the rounded corners be done with SVG using the skinconf colors
3 - make the rounded corners configurable as round, flat, none,
     lert-only
4 - make the todo-warning-error configurable as default Forrest style
     or krysalis style
5 - make it configurable to have page index on top (forrest) or on the
     left (krysalis)
6 - make configurable the left javascript menu (open-all, first, none)

With these changes in place we can easily change from one skin to the
other with a skinconf change, so we can easily switch.

I'm happy to be actively working again :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -