forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removed xdoc copying (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:17:31 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 12:51:32PM -0000, jefft@apache.org wrote:
> As you can see, I've made a start on in-place editing of content.  After
> typing 'forrest run', XML can be edited in
> src/documentation/content/xdocs/ and changes will appear on
> http://localhost:8888/

Excellent! :-)

> Lurking on lenya-dev, I saw a neat solution for how we can handle static
> things like stylesheets, which exist in
> $FORREST_HOME/resources/stylesheets, but may be overridden by the user in
> src/documentation/resources/stylesheets/.  Namely, in the sitemap we use
> (for example) '{stylesheet:changes2document.xsl}', and let an inputmodule
> decide which path to use - either the overridden file, or the default.

Welcome to sourcemaps :-P

In my sourcemap proposal, this is exactly what happens. The sourcemap
tells me the real place of the file when I request a virtual place, by
also using resource exists. I'll commit it as soon as it's finished
(still working on the syntax as the current one still sucks).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -