forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [UPDATE] Forrest source directory layout and resolving
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 09:59:05 GMT

Here is an updated status on my proceedings about the source directory
layout and resolving, divided by the objectives:

1 new and cleaner standard layout

This can only be done properly when we have in place point 2, as it will
need a way of defining the source layout. In the meantime I need to
remove the images from the resources, as they are skin-specific.

2 no more source copying

This needs point 3 to be done correctly.

3 definition of additional user resources

Tada! :-)

The real thing to be done here is how users can tell Forrest where to
find sources. In this way users can point to the locations they want,
and Forrest doesn't need copying and a standard layout can be established.

This is something that has to be in the more general scope of how
Forrest finds the conifiguration, keeping in mind that a single Forrest
instance may have to load multiple sites.

After some thinking, and *plenty* of idea changes, I think I came up
with a proposal, which you can read in its own thread. :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -