forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: skin package descriptor skins.xml
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:32:09 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 03:36:04PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> In this case, I don't see how we could move ASF copyrighted files out of
> Apache without the ASF ceding copyright to the author (you).

Eh? I can reuse any Apache thing as long as I give proper credit.

Futhermore all authors of materials that have been submitted to the ASF
retain the right to do whatever they want with their version. They
cannot though claim ownership of the subsequent changes done at Apache.

In this case, since I would be doing all the below mods to the forrest
skin, so what I would put outside of Apache is just the krysalis skin
colors, which where made by me in any case.

>>>?? What krysalis-skin (?) mods to the forrest skin?
>>
>>The krysalis skin is the Forrest skin with some mods:
>>
>>1 - more use of CSS images instead of the img tag
>>2 - more use of CSS
>>3 - nested page index in the left navigation
>>4 - places the breadcrumb in different position
>>5 - smaller default fonts
>>6 - javascript for font size setting
>>
>>The only thing that makes the krysalis skin really different is teh
>>color and title underlines, but the rest can (IMHO should) be backported
>>to forrest-site.
 >
 > Oh I see, yes.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -