forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Started removing Forrest build cruft
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:17:58 GMT

I've checked in the first set of mods to the build system to reduce the
unnecessary copying of files.

This has cut down the build time from 53 to 19 seconds on my machine.

Basically it creates the following dirs in build/:

   build/components -> where the component classes are built
   build/scratchpad -> where the scratchpad classes are built
   build/dist/shbat -> the distro

All Forrest webapp is in

All other build/dist/shbat/ files and dirs are for running the forrest

Now we need to reduce the source copying.

Jeff, yohooo! If you don't have time now you can send me the things to
do or just tell me and I'll do them.

Anyway guys, please help and check that all still works. TIA

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -