forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Forrest 0.5.1 release
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 08:55:47 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi dijo:
>>Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>>>You have not put a day for this release.
>>>Can we leave a bit more time than for 0.5 to avoid been hit by a
>>>cocoon  bug?
>>Most of us are also Cocoon committers, so I think that when Cocoon
>>releases, it's ok to release for Forrest too.
>>What we shoud do instead is set up a functional test case that can tell
>>us every day if CVS Cocoon is buggy for us or not.
> Good idea. I think the test case can be the same Forrest site showing the
> power of forrest. That way we does not need to write some special test
> stuff.
> Is that OK?

It's a good functional test, but the problem is that it doesn't work
well to see the difference in speed between invocations.

I suggest we use fresh-site as our reference test, so that we have a
site that should show the functionality of Cocoon and is also a
reference for speed.

We need to get Gump going again and have it process fresh-site for
seeing how Cocoon is doing.

Then we need to publish the speed of both Gump and Cocoondev runs to
fresh-site somewhere. If this is done, I can make graphs easily.

Any takers?

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -