forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Committed skin package system
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:50:12 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:54:03PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>>>I have committed the change that makes it possible for users to download
>>>skins and have them automatically used by Forrest.
>>>_TODO_
>>>
>>>1 - If it's ok, migrate the skins.xml file from my account to
>>>    xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml (->nicolaken)
>>
>>Done.
>
> One possibility would be to use a viewcvs URL to point to the latest
> skins.xml in CVS.

Thinking about it, it seems better as skin.xml changes will always be
different from website updates, so it seems like a sensible option.

But thinking about contracts and URIs, a published location seems more
solid... can we make a symlink or a redirect or something from the
website? In this way we would have both things.

> --Jeff
>
> (who hasn't had time to investigate this skin stuff but it sounds good)

:-)

Just an OT question: when are you committing your not-copy-the-sources
patch? I'm itching like mad to reduce copying in Forrest ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -