forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: skin package descriptor skins.xml
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:37:11 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> I just banged some text in for the "description" element.
> Nicola Ken, would you please tweak that text. Is it really
> based on forrest-site?

Yup.

> Could you add a few words about the
> differences.

I'd like to remove them ASAP rather than keep them, I just removed some
stuff without thinking much ;-)

The question is: should we move the krysalis-skin out of Forrest?
I'm +1 to it.

?

> We should discuss the needs of the skins.xml descriptor.
>
> So far we have some attributes for the <skin> element ...
>  name="testskin"
>  author="Nicola Ken Barozzi"
>  website="http://www.nicolaken.com"
>  url="http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/forrestskins/"
> and then a <description> element for some text.
>
> It would be nice if the "website" was actually a page that gave some
> information about the skins, rather than just a simple credit URL.

Yeah, but that's up to the skin creator, and I don't really want to
publish anything about these "skins" ;-)

What I'd like to add is an img="" url with a preview of the skin.

Then I'd like to add a stylesheet for it to Forrest, and have it render
like here: http://texturizer.net/firebird/themes/

The only difference I see is that we don't provide versions of the skins
on the page; it's made to have users only provide an initial url and be
able to update skins and image previews without having to notify us each
single time.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -