forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Committed skin package system
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 07:54:58 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>>Dunno, if it's a zip it's easy to open by double-clicking, and has a
>>real mime-type. On the other hand it's generic, and even Openoffics has
>>a different extension even if they are using zips... what do others prefer?
>>
>>  *.zip?
>>  *.fsz?
>>  *.forrestskin.zip?
>>  *.fs.zip?
>
> +1 for *.zip

Ok, given also the other votes let it be zip! (done)

> <snip/>
>
>>I'd also want to add other information to the skins.xml file to include
>>also some other information about the skins, so we can use that to
>>automatically present a nice skins page to the user.
>
> Yes, "description" would be a good start. I added that today.
> Nicola Ken would you please do
> 'chmod g+w /x1/www/xml.apache.org/forrest/skins' which is owned by you.

It's already group writeable AFAIS. It's not deleatable though, as I
want to prevent accidental delete of this URI resource.

Are you not able to update? Hmmm... maybe I'm doing something wrong...

> I found another problem. If you do 'build clean; build' in xml-forrest,
> and 'forrest clean' in your project, then 'forrest available-skins' will
> fail - it does not go and get the skins.xml descriptor. It is only when
> you do 'forrest' that it will retrieve it. I did try to fix it.

Fixed, in making the descriptor not be downloaded always I forgot to
check that. Thanks :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -