forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Committed skin package system
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:54:03 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I have committed the change that makes it possible for users to download
> skins and have them automatically used by Forrest.
> _TODO_
>
>  1 - If it's ok, migrate the skins.xml file from my account to
>      xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml (->nicolaken)

Done.

>  2 - add a version to the skin files, to match the forrest one
>      (->nicolaken)

Done. If a versioned skin is not available, it also tries with an
unversioned file.

>  3 - make forrest unpack files placed manually (->nicolaken)

Done.

>  4 - make the download automatic when running forrest if skin
>      not available (->open, not sure if good to have)

Done nevertheless.

>  5 - docs about how to use it (->nicolaken)

@todo ;-S

Also changed from jar packages to zips (we don't use the manifest).

Currently available test skins:

   testskin
   testskin2

Please give it a check and see if it's ok for you.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -