forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject forrestbot2 webapp
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:53:09 GMT

I've been working on converting the forrestbot webapp to work with
forrestbot2.  Well, what I've done so far actually is the following
improvements:

- settings.properties
   - allow 'sites' and 'logs' to be anywhere in the filesystem and
anywhere in URI-space
- users.properties
   - '*' to denote all sites
- automatically get list of sites from 'sites' dir
   - means you must do it successfully manually once

This is working well.  Before I work on changing the scripts that work
with the webapp, I'd like to understand what 'refresh' and 'publish' do.
I would think that refresh == build, and publish == deploy?  Or does
refresh == build && deploy to 'sites', and publish is a final deployment
to the real website?

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net