forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: LocatioMapModule (was: RE: [VOTE RESULTS] Unico Hommes as a Cocoon/Forrest Committer)
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:47:10 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
> > Muchos gracias Nicola (bows, takes the stage ;-D),
>
> :-)

> > My first efforts here will be towards stabilizing the new
> and amazing
> > locationmap module.
>
> Yup, when you get access, don't hesitate to commit it as-is in the
> src/java/** dir. I will be starting to use it right away, so you will
> have real-time beta testing and feedback. (keep the org.apache.cocoon
> package hierarchy, as it's what we use for other components
> that are not
> strongly tied to forrest).

Great, when we have finished stabalizing it I'll want to move it over to cocoon CVS if noone
objects to it.

One thing of our previous discussion we need to revisit is the way a selector is provided
with its test string. We said that:

<select>
  <location test=".." src=".." />
</select>

If test isn't specified the value of the src attribute is passed.

Now we run into trouble if you consider that a matcher can be nested inside a selector:

<select>
  <match pattern="..">
    <location src=".." />
  </match>
</select>

the selection takes place on the whatever the matcher comes up with (which is null if it doesn't
and a location string if it does). But where to put the test override?

It looks like we may need to consider doing:

<select>
  <when test="..">
    <match pattern="">
      <location src="" />
    </match>
    <location src=".." />
  </when>
</select>

Which sacrafices brevity :-( Any ideas?

> > Besides that there is a myriad of things I (and my boss)
> can't wait to
> > dive into such as:

> > - Finish our age old publishing component I talked to
> Upayavira about
> > months ago that enables to publish cocoon resources to a
> live server in
> > servlet mode.
>
> See if/how this can affect/help the ForrestBot2 effort in the
> scratchpad.

Haven't seen it yet so I'll do that.