forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [VOTE RESULTS] Unico Hommes as a Cocoon/Forrest Committer
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:23:01 GMT

Muchos gracias Nicola (bows, takes the stage ;-D),

Since it seems to be custom to introduce oneself properly at such an
occasion I've taken the opportunity to describe myself at the cocoon
wiki http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UnicoHommes .

What I'd just like to say here is that I am extremely honored to have
become part of as great an effort as Cocoon, Forrest and the Apache
organization in general and I will try hard to live up to the high
expectations it holds.

My first efforts here will be towards stabilizing the new and amazing
locationmap module. Well, actually not that amazing, I think it's a nice
feature you may want to take a look at and it's what actually prompted
my candidature!

Besides that there is a myriad of things I (and my boss) can't wait to
dive into such as:

- JCR and WebDAV
- Workflow (either flow based or by integrating something like
OSWorkflow)
- The new portal framework (hopefully...)
- Get some ideas out of my head on caching and Geoff Howard's amazing
eventcache block ;-)
- Finish our age old publishing component I talked to Upayavira about
months ago that enables to publish cocoon resources to a live server in
servlet mode.

But most of all I look forward to having a lot of fun while working with
you guys at trying to move forward this great piece of software.

Cheers, Unico