forrest-dev mailing list archives

From ROY Alain ...@sylob.com>
Subject Little problem with "forrest"
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:19:22 GMT

Hello,

I just begin to use forrest. I created a new project using "forrest seed".
All is OK.
Then I wanted to generate HTML code, so I typed "forrest".

* [30/0]     0.751s 18.8Kb  samples/wiki-sample.html
* [0/0]      1.324s 0b      images/group.png
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window
server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
         at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
         at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:1
34)
         at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvi
ronment.java:62)
         at sun.awt.font.FontResolver.<init>(FontResolver.java:46)
         at sun.awt.font.FontResolver.getInstance(FontResolver.java:120)
         at java.awt.font.TextLine.getFontAtCurrentPos(TextLine.java:984)
         at java.awt.font.TextLayout.standardInit(TextLayout.java:721)
         at java.awt.font.TextLayout.<init>(TextLayout.java:613)
         at
org.apache.batik.gvt.text.BidiAttributedCharacterIterator.<init>(Bidi
AttributedCharacterIterator.java:104)
         at
org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.StrokingTextPainter.getTextRuns(Strokin
gTextPainter.java:195)
         at
org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.StrokingTextPainter.getOutline(Stroking
TextPainter.java:980)

I work on a Linux Red Hat via telnet. So I haven't X11 environment witch
seems to be the cause of the error. What can I do to avoid this error message ?

Thanks
Alain