forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@saafe.org>
Subject in place editing of skins and sitemaps
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:47:37 GMT
Now that we have inplace editing of content in the src directory the
backcopy target has gone from forrest.build.xml, I like this removal of
an extra stage in my editing/publishing cycle.

However, it has introduced a problem. If I make changes to my skin I
still need to do it in the build/webapp directory (at least I assume I
do since they are stll there). I imagine the same approach can be used
in the xmaps to make the skins editable in src (and if so I'll tackle it
tomorrow unless someone beats me to it).

However, changes to xmaps need to be done in the build/webapp directory
and I suspect that this will have to be the case. Anyone know otherwise?
If this is the case should we resurect backcopy for copying xmap
alterations back into the src tree?

Ross