forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocoon Ant Task
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 05:25:27 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Upayavira wrote:
>

>>I've just committed a Cocoon Ant task to Cocoon CVS, and would welcome
>>feedback on it.
>>

>Great. While browsing my local email by subject, i came across this
>old message. There was already an Ant task languishing in the
>scratchpad. Probably now out-of-date, but may have some good stuff
>to incorporate.
>src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/ant/readme.txt

David,

That Ant task was written before the CocoonBean existed, so does all its
own work to set up Cocoon, and has none of the new features of the Bean.

The new task is a thin wrapper around the CocoonBean, much as Main.java
(CLI) is, which means that it is extremely simple to maintain.

Thus, I would propose to deprecate/remove the ant task from the scratchpad.

What I'm most keen to see is someone trying this new Ant task out on
Forrest and let me know how it works! Forrest was after all a big part
of my reason for writing it!

Regards, Upayavira