forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Help w/ "aggregate.xmap" for FOP Site PDF
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:30:27 GMT
I am trying to get the FOP site/documentation into a "Whole site PDF".
After reading forrest/sitemap-ref.html I understand that I need a file
called "aggregate.xmap" and that sitemap.xmap (or more appropriately,
sitemap-0.5.xmap) needs to "point" to it with some extra code.

The problem I'm having is trying to figure out what I need to do to move
from forrest-0.4 to forrest-0.5. I spent some time looking at the
"Upgrading to Forrest 0.5" and it doesn't cover the "Whole Site PDF"
portion.

POSSIBLE FORREST "Web Site" BUG?
================================
On a possibly unrelated note, I notice that the following URL (found
while searching for "aggregate" when searching "the Apache XML site" for
Whole Site PDF info). It has navigation/menu structure supporting a
"Whole Site PDF" but the link appears to be unlinked:

   http://xml.apache.org/forrest/site.html

In addition, the "PDFs" portion of the "Related Products" section at the
bottom is empty (no content):

   http://xml.apache.org/forrest/site.html#PDFs

It could be that this page is not part of the current web site (it has a
different navigation menu system than what's at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/ and also doesn't have a "tab" selected)
strange, huh?. Dunno. Just a guess that it's left over, and that someone
needs to clear out old content. That would be a shame, because I think
this file had some of the best information I found in my search.

Web Maestro Clay