forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RFE] An updating mechanism
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:51:59 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi Forresters!
>
>Currenlty, in cocoon was raised a problem with updating the websites:
>
>Forrest really excels in website generation, but lacks of a mechanism of
>updating an already generated site.
>
>Every time we run "forrest site", it generated all the files. I was
>thinking in a mechanism for the builder to check the generated files vs.
>the sources of the file just before decides if it will generate it again.
>The idea is not new. Every compiler do this. Forrest can be seen as a
>"website compiler". And in that way we can do it smarter.

I have implemented something like this. Unlike a compiler, you cannot
find out whether to generate a page without first building the pipeline,
in order to generate the cache key, and thus find out whether the page
has changed.

Try my latest change (see my other message: CLI: Checksum tests).

Regards, Upayavira