forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Forrest 0.5.1 release
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:28:25 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

>>Can we leave a bit more time than for 0.5 to avoid been hit by a cocoon
>>bug?
>

> 3 days seems an adequate time to discover major flaws.  The Cocoon in RC2
> is only 10 days later than that in RC1, so I'd be surprised to find
> anything changed.

so you are using the voting period as testing period.

well, I think that a bit of time before the vote doers not hurd anyone,
this allows users and us time to test.

> More generally, how many users do you think care about RC releases, or
> bother to download and test them?  The way to discover bugs in an open
> source project is to make releases.  If users discover problems, we
> fix'em and do another release.  Simple.

Some users will download the lastest stable version if that fix their
problem, whetever is a RC or not. So put it on the web is important IMO.

I rather prefer to called a RC because some components (cocon 2.1.2) is
too new.

Cheers,
Cheche